Boulder Group Clubroom
Policies for Usage
To Reserve or Rent the Clubroom
Click on this link to send a request to clubroomreservations
The requestor, a Boulder Group member, may check the Boulder Group's website calendar
first for availability.
Clubroom Usage Rules
- Clubroom usage will be handled in a prioritized manner as follows:
Priority #1. Any Boulder Group Club Business. This includes activities such as classes, membership open houses, monthly programs, Council meetings and Standing Committee meetings. The clubroom must be reserved for these activities.
Priority #2. Boulder Group Member Sponsored Event. A member of the CMC Boulder Group requests to rent the clubroom for any activity that is not club business. Requests shall be approved no more than 2 months in advance of the date. The rental rate is $10 per hour up to a maximum of $50 per day.
- Events/activities must be sponsored/attended/supervised by a Boulder Group member.
- Boulder Group members may use the clubroom for formal and informal gatherings.
- Events/activities scheduled shall fall generally within the mission of the CMC. The clubroom shall not be rented to political organizations and events.
- Events/activities must be approved and scheduled by the Clubroom Scheduler.
- The member is responsible for obtaining a key during office hours, opening the clubroom, making sure it's clean at the end of the event, leaving the key in the clubroom and closing up.
- Keys shall be given to Boulder Group members only.
- It may be possible to operate two meetings or events at the same time at the discretion of the Clubroom Scheduler and the agreement of the parties involved. No more than 4 in each group.
- No animals other than service animals allowed in the clubroom.
- No smoking allowed in the clubroom.
- The member is responsible for bringing their own supplies to the event/activity including, but not limited to, media equipment, food and food-serving supplies.
- No club property shall be removed from the clubroom.
- Clubroom renters may hang one sign only at the entrance to the clubroom for their activity. The sign shall be no larger than 20" by 20". Clubroom renters may not remove or move any of the CMC signage.
- The clubroom shall not be rented for non-club activities during clubroom hours. Click here for clubroom hours.
- Clubroom renters who rent the clubroom for more than one day for their event shall remove their supplies and signage at the end of their rental time on each rental day.
- The clubroom policy shall be advertised in the Compass, GPS, website and member orientation meetings only.
- The calendar on the Boulder Group's website shall accurately reflect the clubroom reservations and shall be updated by the Clubroom Scheduler only.
- Rental payments shall be delivered to the Clubroom Manager in the form of cash or check. Checks should be made out to the Colorado Mountain Club.
- These rules shall apply until such time as the need to change them proves expedient.
- Events held in the Boulder Group clubroom are not endorsed by the Boulder Group of the CMC except for events that are explicitly taught and instructed by the Boulder Group. Participation in all events, or the consequences of participation in such events, is done so at the risk of the participant.
Clubroom Usage Responsibilities
- Clubroom Manager: The Clubroom Manager is the Boulder Group's staff person responsible for the clubroom. Any requests for clubroom usage received by the Clubroom Manager or any of the other volunteers that manage the clubroom shall be forwarded to the Clubroom Scheduler.
- Clubroom Scheduler: The Clubroom Scheduler is the person responsible for fielding requests to use the clubroom. The Clubroom Scheduler may be the Clubroom Manager or a club volunteer. The Clubroom Scheduler checks the website calendar for availability of the day/time requested. If the requested day/time is open and the above rules are met at the Clubroom Scheduler's discretion, then the request is recorded in the Boulder Group's website calendar to confirm the request. The Clubroom Scheduler may ask for input from Council member(s) and/or BMS member(s) prior to approving a request.