Trip Leader Email ListsTrip Leader Email List Categories & Signup pages:
- A-B Hike Leaders
- C-D Hike Leaders (includes snow climbs)
- Overnight Backpack Trip Leaders
- Rock Climbing Trip Leaders
- Ski Touring Trip Leaders
- Ski Mountaineering Trip Leaders
- Ice Climbing Trip Leaders
This page contains links to the signup pages for the Trip Leader Email Lists, where you can subscribe or unsubscribe from the lists, see what other emails addresses are on the lists, and participate in discussions. These lists are not moderated, but are administered by the Outings Committee. You are expected to subscribe only to lists consistent with your skills, experience and interests. Any inappropriate use of the lists will result in loss of list privileges.
You do not need to be a trip leader (or co-leader) to subscribe. Part of the purpose of the lists are for people who are seeking to become co-leaders or trip leaders and want to pursue that goal by participating in these email discussions. As such, these lists are not an "official" list of who are or are not trip leaders; that list is maintained separately by the Outings Committee.
Appropriate use of the lists include, but are not limited to the following:
- any person seeking to become a co-leader or trip leader and wants to discuss this with other trip leaders
- finding a trip co-leader
- finding a substitute trip leader instead of cancelling a trip if you are a trip leader that had to drop out
- messages from the Outings Committee that need to go out to trip leaders for an activity type
Instructions for Joining the ListsAll lists are self-subscribing. Once you've subscribed, you can unsubscribe yourself at any time. Please do not send email to the webmaster to unsubscribe you. If you forget your password, see below for how to have a reminder sent to you.
Apply to the desired list by clicking on the link to category (see above) you wish to use. You will soon receive an email asking you to confirm. It will contain links back to a page allowing you to confirm. You will then need to supply a password to create your account access. You will then be able to post, respond to posts, unsubscribe, get a password reminder, or see who all is on the list.
The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) Sheet